Vitamin B-Complex: Why Does Your Body Need It?
B Vitamins are a group of eight essential nutrients necessary for the proper functioning of our cells. It supports the body to convert food into energy and helps in creating new blood cells that keep our skin cells, brain cells, and other body tissues healthy.
The collaboration that contains all eight B vitamins are nutritional supplements is called B-Complex.
What is Vitamin B-Complex?
B-Complex is a combination of B Vitamins that plays a vital role in keeping our body run smoothly like well-oiled machines. Each of these vitamins contributes to essential functions, namely;
- Thiamine (B1) - helps the body in making new healthy cells. It can protect the body’s immune system and is commonly referred to as an anti-stress vitamin.
- Riboflavin (B2) - works as an antioxidant that helps fight free radicals. It can prevent early aging and reduce the risk of the development of heart disease. It is important in red blood cell production in transporting oxygen throughout the body.
- Niacin (B3) - helps the body convert food into energy by aiding enzymes. It can lower bad cholesterol, ease arthritis and boost brain function.
- Pantothenic Acid (B5) - helps in the production of sex and stress-related hormones. It can reduce signs of skin aging and promotes healthy skin.
- Pyridoxine (B6) - helps regulate levels of the amino acid homocysteine. As a significant player of mood and sleep patterns, B6 can produce serotonin, melatonin, and other stress hormones.
- Biotin (B7) - also known as vitamin H, B7 helps the body keep skin, hair, eyes, liver, and nervous system healthy. It can control high glucose levels and is vital for pregnancy for the normal growth of the baby.
- Folic Acid (B9) - also known as folate, B9 plays a crucial role in cell growth and DNA formation. It has the ability that may help keep depression at bay and prevent memory loss.
- Cobalamin (B12) - helps the body in creating the oxygen-creating protein, hemoglobin. B12 is a total team player needed for nerve tissue health, brain function, and production of red blood cells.
The eight B Vitamins are necessary for almost every process within the body. It helps convert food into energy and impacts the health of our nervous system, metabolism, cell growth, development, and overall functioning.
7 Benefits of taking Vitamin B-Complex
Converts Food Into Energy
Supports Brain Health
Production of Red Blood Cells
Boosts Immune System
Promotes Healthy Hormones
Essential for a Healthy Baby
Reduce Stress and Risk of Heart Disease
Symptoms of Vitamin B-Complex Deficiencies
Most people get enough B Vitamins from a well-balanced diet. However, it is still possible to be deficient. The following are symptoms of B-Complex Deficiencies;
- Weakness, tiredness, or lightheadedness
- Skin rashes, acne, and pale skin
- Heart palpitations and shortness of breath
- Cracked lips, and swollen tongue
- Vision loss
- Constipation, diarrhea, loss of appetite, or gas
- Abdominal cramps
- Irritability or depression
- Nerve problems like numbness or tingling in the feet and hands
Vitamin B-Complex Supplements
Even in persons who do not have B vitamin deficiencies, B-complex supplements can help relieve stress, improve cognitive performance, and lessen symptoms of sadness and anxiety.
The amount of B vitamins you should take depends on your age, nutrient needs, gender, and overall health. Before taking on supplements, consult your doctor about your specific B-Complex nutrient requirements.
Flamingo Supplements LLC Vitamin B-Complex Gummies offers high potency for vegans, older adults, and prenatal women. Get the benefits of B Vitamin Complex in a high-quality gummy with natural flavors.